Lyfe’s Lullabies
"Lost between lullabies and lyrics and living in the lush memories of life, love and lose"

Hayat=Life

Friday, August 13, 2010

Awoken to new possibility

“Words are my weapons
Words console, comfort and calm me when all else fails me

♥ Awoken slumber

"Cheers to new beginnings"


Cheers to new beginnings,
a new year.
New found optimism
that is that much more clear.
That much more sincere.

A journey yet untraveled,
But characterized by Déjà vu.
I’ve been here.
So have you.
I may have even met you
Although I was not quite ready for you I am sure.

Now optimism meets opportunity.
Chance meets destiny.
Or at least it’s cousin.
And I invite you all over
for the opportunity
to reacquaint yourself
with love.
A member long discarded
Out of this family.

Although love is born premature.
And at this moment touch and go.
I have such high hopes for him
And his life expectancy.

He already displays
Characteristics born out of character,
and a character
Straight out of the stories of your fairytales.

Where doors open upon will.
Laughter is on cue.
Honesty unscripted.
And confidence over dripping
Into compliments.
As sea’s of emotions
RUNNING
As far as the I can see.

Despite the allure
And the welcoming aura
Of the warm blue sea,
I proceed with CAUTION!
Never forgetting for a second
That I can not swim.

But being fueled by
A sheer determination to learn.
For love is enticing me.
Calling me, into the unknown.

Into the darkness
I go.
A place
Only God knows...(Allah SWT)
Where my sense have been heightened.
My eye can hear,
My ears can feel,
My heart can touch,
Yet everything else has become oblivion.
Oblivious to everything
But this current over taking me.
Jolting my heart
Electrically.
Like a patient on an operating table,
Shockingly
Forcing me to fight for life,
For love.
And awaking me and my heart
From a long overdue slumber.

'Twisted Elegance'

Copyright © 2010 by Hayat Magan. All Rights Reserved

xoxo
MzMagan

2 comments:

  1. "Stir my imagination and you can have my body, reach my soul and you can have me"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh thanks Sammy. Your words are as giving and generous as you.

    ReplyDelete