Lyfe’s Lullabies
"Lost between lullabies and lyrics and living in the lush memories of life, love and lose"

Hayat=Life

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Clan clashes


“Words are my weapons

Words console, comfort and calm me when all else fails me



♥ Invasion

From the inside out


As your mother,
I build you a castle, a fortitude unlike any other.
Unconquerable, impregnable with foreign lineage, and lullabies.
Fully implanted with my offspring’s, entrenched with love.
Teaching you all the same culture, creed, and consensus for centuries.
Only to have my child, your sibling backstabbing me,
by opening the back door and inviting the envies foreign neighbor in.
An enemy who plunders and pockets all our beauty
Barricading you inside your palace of hate.
All the while watching, while you massacre your brothers one by one
for a sense of entitlement you thought your tribe was owed.
My son you can do better
My daughter you ought to know better
Sincerely, your mother
Somali (Africa)

Twisted Elegance

Copyright © by Hayat Magan. All Rights Reserved

xoxo
MzMagan

No comments:

Post a Comment