Lyfe’s Lullabies
"Lost between lullabies and lyrics and living in the lush memories of life, love and lose"

Hayat=Life

Saturday, May 15, 2010

"A sensual experience like no other"

“Words are my weapons
Words console, comfort and calm me when all else fails me

♥ O.Noir

"The blind leading the way"



I am always on the hunt for novelty experience. So when I heard about this restaurant O. Noir last year, I was immediately intrigued.

Determined to dine there for some time, I finally got my chance last night!

So I went there, ready to immerse myself in complete darkness, and experience what it feels like to have no sight for a few hours.

I have to admit I was pretty sceptical at first, finding it hard to believe that the entire wait staff of the restaurant was indeed blind. But quickly I had to suspend my ignorant judgements and belief when I walked into a room and was completely in gulped by utter darkness and the only guidance I had was Diana, my blind waitress.

How relevant the quote on the walls of the restaurant held at that exact moment - “There is no darkness but ignorance” - William Shakespeare

Keep in mind when I say darkness, I mean utter DARKNESS. You are forbidden to even turn on your cell phone, have a candle, or any other source of light. If you need to leave the room, perhaps to go to the rest room, you have to call the name of your wait person and they will guide you out!

Once you get to the restaurant, you have the option of having an entree and a main course, or a main course and a dessert. I opted for having a main course and a dessert (I never can say no to dessert)
You also have the option of having all your meal choices picked out for you by ordering a surprise meal + dessert!

I played it on the safe side with my main course, ordering marinated veal served with seasoned potatoes and asparagus - and for dessert I went with the surprise dessert! Oh and it was HEAVENLY. I can honestly say I did not have a clue what kind of cake I was eating, but lord have mercy it was creamy, chocolaty, and had an almost truffle like texture and taste. It was simply to die for. (According to the staff, surprise choices vary each experience and don’t bother asking what you were eating, they will not tell you)

Anyways, like the general manager Moe states on the website, “It a sensual experience like no other” and I would definitely have to agree. I had an amazing time.



To read reviews, look at sample menu – visit the website at
O.Noir Restaurant


xoxo
MzMagan

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm this definitely sounds intriguing! I want to check it out when I make it out to Tdot inshallah...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops just clicked on the link and I see it's in MTL...even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there is a location in Toronto, Montreal, New York, and Paris etc..They are popping up all over the place and are becoming very popular.

    Keep in mind you usually have to make reservations like a good week prior, because they seem to always be booked. But I am sure you will love the experience love. I know I did. It makes you really appreciative of the things that we take for granted everyday; such as the ability to see our surroundings.

    And make sure to at lease order one surprise dish – it makes the experience even that more new and exciting!

    And your welcome sweetie, I hope you enjoy your experience
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete