Lyfe’s Lullabies
"Lost between lullabies and lyrics and living in the lush memories of life, love and lose"

Hayat=Life

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Solitude

“Words are my weapons
Words console, comfort and calm me when all else fails me

♥ Solitude

"Solitude is my solace”



The most precious time I have come to love and truly cherish over the years is the moments I spend in solitude! “Everyone can enjoy the company of others, but can you enjoy your own company just as immensely?” – MzMagan

I say one ought to always enjoy their own company above all else. Try it sometime. Find something that inspires you, something you enjoy doing, and do it alone!

Although my Saturday was spent amongst many friends, with abundance of laughter and plenty of food on the beach enjoying a beautiful BBQ, it was my Sunday that made my weekend splendid.

What did I do you wonder? I picked up my baby (my camera) and went to seek adventure on the streets of Toronto.

I took full advantage of ‘Open Doors Toronto’ where 150 buildings were free for admission for the weekend. I went to museums, garden houses, government’s buildings, live theatre, street corners and best of all; I ended my day enjoying the beautiful scenery and calming essence of the water at the Harbourfront center!

I spend the day from 12pm – 10pm alone bounding with my thoughts and my camera. Mash’Allah contentment was mine to have during those hours. The troubles of the world, my insecurities, him, my worries and all my troubles were suspended from my thoughts for those beautiful hours!

I laughed with perfect strangers from all walks of life! Everyone was drawn to the colourful girl with the BIG smile walking like she carried the world secrets in her bag – now that I think of it I did have a copy of the Qur’an in translation. Maybe that’s where my serenity stemmed from!

God is love, and self acceptance is all you ever need!

Well, let me share some of the pictures I took! Just a sample really! I hope you enjoy them half as much as I did taking them!

CHEERS!!

City Hall & Nathan Phillip Square







Elgin & Winter Garden Theatre Centre





Allen Garden Conservatory








Harbourfront








xoxo
MzMagan

2 comments:

  1. these pictures are postcard worthy :)
    well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you! That's very sweet of you to say!

    One day :-)

    ReplyDelete