Lyfe’s Lullabies
"Lost between lullabies and lyrics and living in the lush memories of life, love and lose"

Hayat=Life

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Loving without limits

“Words are my weapons
Words console, comfort and calm me when all else fails me

♥ Ethnic
Treason

"Love without limits"



For two tiresome, long decades,
I have loved within the safety of my ethnic borders.
Barricading my heart with self imposed rules and regulations,
on the type of men I ought to love.
Believing, that loving any man,
other than one from my own racial spectrum,
was an act of national treason committed again my brothers?

So I battled the tranches.
Always under heavy fire,
for being the woman I choose to be.
Taking so much shrapnel and emotional beatings,
deeply embedded in my soul.
All this, from men who were suppose to love me,
and have my best interest at heart.

So I guess failing your sisters,
is more acceptable,
than the though of me loving a foreigner?

That's ok though.
For I am over it.

Today I stand in front of you,
firm,
unwavering
and unapologetic
In my decision to love him without limits.

So your personal artillery attacks
will never hit their intended target.
For I am immune to your wails and cries.
And I have officially stopped going to war for you.

Plus I've seen the casualties of combat.
And I cannot afford to have my heart left bleeding,
while you figured out the errors of your arrogance and miscalculations.

Oh and please do save your sympathy,
For some of my more optimistic sisters.
For I have found solace and acceptance
In a pair of beautiful,
LOVING green eyes.

xoxo
MzMagan

No comments:

Post a Comment